Join Our Team!
POPP Communications was created with a goal to bring big business tools and technologies to small businesses, so that they may not only compete, but succeed and thrive. It’s no secret that our people are our biggest competitive advantage in fulfilling that purpose. This is a unique place where great people can build a solid career – in fact, our average employee tenure is nearly 10 years!
One more thing – don’t let a lack of industry experience discourage you from applying – if you can prove to us that you’ve got the right stuff, we’ll train you on the rest.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Compensation: Base Salary + Commission + Team Commission and other incentives
- Contribute to dynamic, high energy team dynamic
- Be rewarded for being an overachiever while driving incremental growth in your individual territory
- Utilize relationship building skills to gain information, uncover needs and set appointments with qualified prospective clients
- Design tailored Network configurations (Internet, VoIP, Firewalls, and IP Phones)
- Present custom presentations to business owners, Presidents, C-Level Executives, and IT Professionals off-site at prospective businesses location
- Dedicated training plan including; shadowing, hands-on, and independent self-study
Education and Experience:
- College degree. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience
- Interest in sales, technology, and customer service
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work independently but within a team environment
- Interest in working a preset monthly quota
- Comfortable making 100+ calls a day to businesses over the telephone
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; simplifying complex information into client-friendly language
- Enthusiastic, confident and optimistic demeanor with an ability to thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Competitive Base Salary + Commissions + Bonuses and other incentives
- No Cap on Individual Commissions
- Base Pay Increase Incentives
- Individual Sales Territories
- Yearly Residuals
- Management Trainee Program
- Opportunity for monthly Team Commissions
- President’s Club Trip
- Cell Phone, Business Suit, Mileage Reimbursement
- Quota Achiever Lunches
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- VTO (Volunteer Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life Insurance /STD/LTD
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, independent mobility, and insurance for in-town travel
- Less than 5% of work time spent at Client business sites; local travel within the Twin Cities Metro
- Use of telephone with headset and use of computer including keyboard & mouse
- Ability to sit or stand throughout work day
- Daily Time Spent Varies – General office environment at POPP; fun, high energy, fast-paced, Client business sites; local travel within the Twin Cities metro
POPP Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES SAY
"Working at POPP is rewarding because we work with so many great teammates and clients. There's a real sense of satisfaction knowing that we have such a large impact on the success of so many small businesses in our community."
POPP is a family-oriented, business casual environment where caring, honest, tech-savvy individuals come together to help each other do their best work and have fun doing it. A strong collective sense for making a difference in the community exists here, and we passionately bring that spirit into our work of serving our clients.
A commitment to serving people is embedded in the POPP DNA. We look for people that share our desire to serve the greater good, who will be true to our clients by providing honest guidance and respectful support. Putting people before profit is how we authentically live our values and attempt to positively impact each person that touches our lives – professionally and personally.
At POPP, we live each day with a set of core values that inform our every move. We foster relationships that are open and honest, we learn and teach for awareness and confidence, we employ common sense in questions and decisions, we use precision written and verbal communication, and we value teamwork that is focused on Win/Win results.
We think at the right P.A.C.E (Predict, Action, Cause, Effect), in order to perform our work with C.A.R.E (Current, Accurate, Relevant, Efficient).
Our comprehensive benefits package is the icing on the cake. From an employer-matched 401k plan, to generous Paid Time Off and Volunteer Time Off plans, to employee discounts on services, you’ll find our benefits to be a strong foundation on which to build your personal and professional success.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Events
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Matched 401(k) Plan
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Length of Service Award
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Medical/Dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Family & Medical Leave
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Bereavement Leave