Join Our Team!
POPP Communications was created with a goal to bring big business tools and technologies to small businesses, so that they may not only compete, but succeed and thrive. It’s no secret that our people are our biggest competitive advantage in fulfilling that purpose. This is a unique place where great people with growth mindsets can build a solid career – in fact, our average employee tenure is nearly 10 years!
A Job That Matters…
Most people have the instinctive basic need for purpose, confidence, and making a contribution. When an individual’s basic needs are met, life is good. We spend our time, energy, and talent solving problems with like-minded teammates.
One more thing – don’t let a lack of industry experience discourage you from applying – if you can prove to us that you’ve got the right stuff, we’ll train you on the rest.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Compensation: $100k+ potential with uncapped commissions
About POPP’s Business Focus:
- Solutions to Compliment Productivity
- Low Prices
- Service 1st – Proactive and Reactive
About the Opportunity:
In our experience, if you will make a minimum of 50 prospecting phone calls a day you have the potential to earn $100k+ and that is how at POPP we reward high activity and high-quality work. As a POPP Solutions Consultant, you will work with business executives and managers to help them improve their service reputation and productivity by offering POPP’s Cloud IP Phones and Apps. The ideal candidate is business technology curious and savvy, has and uses great listening skills, enjoys problem solving and solution building, has a growth mindset, and is a self-starter with great time management and communication skills.
- Make Research and Marketing calls in your assigned territory (within the Twin Cities) and schedule in-person solution meetings with potential clients
- Identify client needs with excellent listening, problem solving and communication skills
- Design and present Cloud IP Phone & App solutions to the client demonstrating the value that POPP provides
- Achieve a monthly quota by selling POPP solutions to business executives and managers
- Be business technology curious and savvy
- Great listening, time management and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Be a problem solver and solution builder
- Exceptional closing skills
- Identify themselves as a leader with a Growth mindset
- Will train
Hours: Monday-Friday, shifts vary depending upon coverage needs between 7am-6pm (Plus, opportunity for on-call rotation and occasional overtime)
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Compensation: Non-Exempt – Hourly
About this Opportunity:
Are you a technology-talented professional with amazing people skills who loves problem solving? As a POPP Helpline Technician, you’ll be on the front lines working with small- and medium-sized businesses in our community by listening and clarifying their hardware, software, and network issues. You’ll guide clients through the next best steps to get them back to doing what they do best – running their businesses. If you make complex business technology topics easy to understand, and you love developing and sharing your knowledge, this is the job for you!
- Answer client phone calls and emails quickly and appropriately
- Interact professionally with clients to make changes and isolate trouble issues
- Determine priorities based on issue severity through excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Troubleshoot Cloud IP Phone Systems, VoIP, and Internet hardware, software, networks, and applications to identify and solve problems, quote charges as needed, and avoid future escalations
- Log client issue information accurately and timely in databases to set team members and clients up for success
- Proudly represent POPP by providing fantastic follow up
- Certification or technical degree preferred. In lieu of degree/certification, relevant work experience.
- Understanding of business technologies and how they work, including MS Office applications and Outlook
- Superior customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem solver, troubleshooter, and solution executor
- Excellent time management skills, with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, call center environment
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am to 4pm or 8am to 5pm (vary based upon need), occasional overtime required
Location: Golden Valley, MN
- Coordination of add, move, change, and disconnect orders for internet, voice, and internet phone system products and services
- Data entry:
- Follow checklists and process documents to complete orders
- Enter order information in POPP’s and suppliers’ databases, fill out internal packet templates, and add/update billing database after order completion
- Answer incoming calls from clients, suppliers and vendors regarding orders in progress
- Place calls to clients, suppliers and vendors to coordinate the installation or change of internet, voice, and phone system services
- Communicate via email as needed to coordinate order completion, utilizing pre-made email templates when applicable
- Communicate via phone and email internally to other departments to complete orders
- No previous telecommunications experience required
- Individual coaching:
- Support from dedicated coach in weekly 1-on-1 meetings
- Metric goals and communication quality reviewed regularly for personal improvement
- Training Resources:
- Internal database with educational product and process materials for self-guided learning
- Training provided for position roles & responsibilities, as well as industry knowledge
Education and Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office
- Interest in technology and customer service
- College degree; in lieu of degree, relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communicator – clearly and confidently communicate via phone and email
- Attention to detail – accurate and quick data entry
- Consistently follow directions – follow checklists and process documents to complete assigned tasks and position requirements
- Ability to plan – prioritize day using task lists/calendar and complete tasks within timeframes
- Ability to multi-task in quick paced environment – switch quickly between different tasks and programs, able to handle interrupting phone calls and return to previous tasks
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- VTO (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Flexible Summer Hours
- Casual Dress Environment
- Life Insurance/STD/LTD
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Management Trainee Program
- Employee Discounts (Phone & Internet)
- Half-day Shopping Day
- Complimentary Soda, Coffee and Snacks
- Company Events and More!
- Constant use of telephone with headset
- Constant use of computer including keyboard and mouse
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- General office environment, cubicle area, multiple computer monitors, fast-paced. Generally quiet work area; can be noisy on occasion.
POPP Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES SAY
"Working at POPP is rewarding because we work with so many great teammates and clients. There's a real sense of satisfaction knowing that we have such a large impact on the success of so many small businesses in our community."
POPP is a positive, professional environment where caring, honest, tech-savvy individuals come together to help each other do their best work and have fun doing it. A strong collective sense for making a difference in the community exists here, and we passionately bring that spirit into our work of serving our clients.
A commitment to serving people is embedded in the POPP DNA. We look for people that share our desire to serve the greater good, who will be true to our clients by providing honest guidance and respectful support. We love discovering and solving problems with a sense of urgency and figuring out how to improve. Serving the greater good is how we authentically live our values and attempt to positively impact each person that touches our lives – professionally and personally.
At POPP, we live each day with a set of core values that help us contribute to our clients’ confidence and success. We demonstrate integrity that builds trust; show that we care by engaging in the well-being of our teammates, clients, and community; we are aware and curious – always looking for ways to increase our knowledge and problem solving abilities; we show respect in our mindsets, actions, and listening skills; we believe in excellence by demonstrating our passion to learn and teach, create win/win outcomes, and exceeding expectations.
POPP People are givers. We know that through our mindsets, offerings, and sharing our knowledge, we positively impact our clients and the greater good.
Our comprehensive benefits package is the icing on the cake. From an employer-matched 401k plan, to generous Paid Time Off and Volunteer Time Off plans, to employee discounts on services, we offer a variety of benefits to contribute to your personal and professional success.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Events
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Matched 401(k) Plan
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Military Leave
- Length of Service Award
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Family & Medical Leave
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Access to a Financial Advisor