Looking For A Meaningful Career?
A POPP professional can expect to solve challenging problems in a fair, respectful environment with clear expectations and opportunities for learning each day. If you have a growth mindset, if you aspire to work hard in an optimistic and productive environment, if you want to be more than just a number – this could be the perfect place for you.
Don’t let a lack of industry experience discourage you from applying – if you can prove to us that you’ve got the right stuff, we’ll train you on the rest.
Hours: Monday – Friday, generally between 8am – 5pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Compensation: Full-Time, Salary + Commission
About this Opportunity
Are you a technology-talented professional with amazing people skills who loves solving problems and presenting opportunities? POPP has been providing phone systems, phone/internet service, and other business technology solutions to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in the Twin Cities since 1981. We strive to create win/win opportunities and help SMBs save money and leverage big business tools and technology to help them compete and thrive.
We are seeking a Sales Representative who will be responsible to build strong relationships with business owners and IT professionals to achieve individual and company sales goals. Sales Representatives are responsible for finding new clients as well as selling to current clients.
- Cultivate relationships with prospects and clients to position POPP as their preferred resource when they are ready to make a change with their business technology.
- Sales of Cloud VoIP Phone Systems
- POPP supplies phone systems powered by Metaswitch/Microsoft and Poly IP Phones.
- Sales of Computer & Cloud Services (Managed IT)
- POPP helps businesses with their Microsoft suite of IT products, patches/updates, security, and provides assistance with day-to-day helpdesk issues.
- Sales of WAN and LAN Network Connectivity and Phone Service
- POPP provides our own connectivity products, as well as those from Comcast and CenturyLink/Lumen. We also provide Firewall/LAN/Wi-Fi solutions for SMBs.
- Prospecting within designated territory to locate new opportunities
- Sales representatives have tens of thousands of prospect opportunities in their territories.
- Convert leads from our website, call-in, etc into sales
Desired Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years of experience selling phone systems, cloud services, telecommunications services, and/or managed IT services to SMBs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm to serve clients, and self-motivation to meet and exceed sales goals
- Technical aptitude, and strong ongoing desire to learn new technologies and their benefits for SMB clients
- Strong time management and multi-tasking abilities to maximize your time and productivity
- Training is provided
- POPP offers a competitive benefits package including 401k, Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, and more.
- Hybrid/Flexible work environment with partial in-office and partial work from home opportunities (following training period)
POPP Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Our comprehensive benefits package is the icing on the cake. From an employer-matched 401k plan, to generous Paid Time Off and Volunteer Time Off plans, to employee discounts on services, we offer a variety of benefits to contribute to your personal and professional success.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company Events
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Matched 401(k) Plan
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Military Leave
- Length of Service Award
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Family & Medical Leave
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Access to a Financial Advisor
Ryan Cummings, Vice President & General Manager
Our Culture & Values
POPP is a positive, professional environment where caring, honest, tech-savvy individuals come together to bring out the best work in each other and have fun doing it. A strong collective sense for making a difference in the community exists here, and we passionately bring that spirit into our work of serving our clients.
We like to say that we are Professional, Optimistic, Productive Partners. A few other key traits that we value are trustworthiness, efficiency, accountability, and thankfulness. We’re curious about business technology, and see each new problem as an opportunity to create a win/win solution.
If this culture and these values speak to you, then please contact us – you’ll fit right in!
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES SAY
"Working at POPP is rewarding because we work with so many great teammates and clients. There's a real sense of satisfaction knowing that we have such a large impact on the success of so many small businesses in our community."