- An FOC or Reject will be sent back to the requesting carrier within one business day of receipt of a LSR.
- An LOA is not a required attachment to an LSR. It is necessary to have the AGAUTH field on the LSR populated with the LOA name.
- Changes and cancellations should be done at least 24 hours prior to the cut over date. Large changes or additions can change the due date.
- If the new provider is not able to port the requested TN(s) on the confirmed due date, a supplementary order must be sent to change the due date.
- POPP will reject an LSR when the LSR does not provide sufficient information to process our disconnect service order. The following are some of the reasons for a rejected order:
- The end user name does not match that on file.
- The service address does not match that on file.
- Phone Numbers do not match.
- The Authorized person on the LSR does not match the authorized person in the POPP records.
- Please allow 24 hours for POPP to process your LSR. If it has been more than 24 hours since your LSR was submitted, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a status update. If it has been more than 48 hours since your LSR was submitted, please call 763-797-7900, and ask to be transferred to “Provisioning” for a status update.
POPP ports telephone numbers in accordance with applicable Regulatory Rules and Industry Guidelines as established by the FCC (www.fcc.gov). POPP will honor a port out request from any authorized carrier (wireline or wireless) who indicates that they have a Letter of Authorization from the end user customer. As a wireline carrier, POPP will port in numbers that are associated with rate centers in which POPP provides local exchange service.
POPP adheres to the Simple Porting rules as defined in the FCC’s order 09-41 effective 2/2/2011. The FCC defines SPRs as follows:
- Do not involve unbundled network elements
- Involve an account only for a single line
- Do not include complex switch translations (e.g., Centrex, ISDN, AIN services, remote call forwarding, or multiple services on the loop)
- Do not include a reseller
Orders 09-41 and 10-85 established that a maximum of 14 fields that may be required under § 52.36 part (b) – POPP will require the following fields:
- Ported Telephone Number
- Account Number
- Zip Code
- Company Code
- New Network Service Provider
- Desired Due Date
- Purchase Order Number
- Number Portability Direction Indicator
- Customer Carrier Name Abbreviation
- Requisition Type and Status
- Telephone Number of Initiator
- Agency Authority Status
The customer’s service for the requested numbers will be disconnected once the activation has been confirmed in NPAC.