POPP ports telephone numbers in accordance with applicable Regulatory Rules and Industry Guidelines as established by the FCC (www.fcc.gov). POPP will honor a port out request from any authorized carrier (wireline or wireless) who indicates that they have a Letter of Authorization from the end user customer. As a wireline carrier, POPP will port in numbers that are associated with rate centers in which POPP provides local exchange service.
Normal Port Out Procedures
- An FOC or Reject will be sent back to the requesting carrier within one business day of receipt of a LSR.
- An LOA is not a required attachment to an LSR. It is necessary to have the AGAUTH field on the LSR populated with the LOA name.
- Changes and cancellations should be done at least 24 hours prior to the cut over date. Large changes or additions can change the due date.
- If the new provider is not able to port the requested TN(s) on the confirmed due date, a supplementary order must be sent to change the due date.
- POPP will reject an LSR when the LSR does not provide sufficient information to process our disconnect service order. The following are some of the reasons for a rejected order:
- The end user name does not match that on file.
- The service address does not match that on file.
- Phone Numbers do not match.
- The Authorized person on the LSR does not match the authorized person in the POPP records.
- Please allow 24 hours for POPP to process your LSR. If it has been more than 24 hours since your LSR was submitted, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a status update. If it has been more than 48 hours since your LSR was submitted, please call 763-797-7900, and ask to be transferred to “Provisioning” for a status update.
Simple Port Request (SPR) Procedures
POPP adheres to the Simple Porting rules as defined in the FCC’s order 09-41 effective 2/2/2011. The FCC defines SPRs as follows:
- Do not involve unbundled network elements
- Involve an account only for a single line
- Do not include complex switch translations (e.g., Centrex, ISDN, AIN services, remote call forwarding, or multiple services on the loop)
- Do not include a reseller
Orders 09-41 and 10-85 established that a maximum of 14 fields that may be required under § 52.36 part (b) – POPP will require the following fields:
- Ported Telephone Number
- Account Number
- Zip Code
- Company Code
- New Network Service Provider
- Desired Due Date
- Purchase Order Number
- Number Portability Direction Indicator
- Customer Carrier Name Abbreviation
- Requisition Type and Status
- Telephone Number of Initiator
- Agency Authority Status
The customer’s service for the requested numbers will be disconnected once the activation has been confirmed in NPAC.