A full-featured, hosted phone system might not cost as much as you think.
Eliminating your current PRI, SIP Trunk, or land line telecom expenses helps defray the cost of a hosted system, and any additional costs are often offset by high returns in terms of productivity, flexibility, redundancy, and overall peace of mind.
Here are 3 different business phone system solutions and ballpark pricing for each. If none of these examples match up with your business needs, just call us at 763-797-7900 or fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page, and we can provide a ballpark estimate for you in about 15 minutes.
A Dependable, Affordable System for a Twin Cities Restaurant
A client needs a phone system for their restaurant that is intuitive for staff to use, durable, dependable, and most of all, affordable.
- Install POPP’s cloud-hosted phone system – no onsite equipment to purchase
- Operate the cloud system “over the top” of the existing coax internet connection, and eliminate four old land lines
- Configure and install enterprise-grade firewall and Ethernet switch for best voice quality and reliability
- Install intuitive Polycom VVX250 IP phones in four locations and one cordless IP phone
- Configure included Auto Attendant voicemail to greet main number callers and provide options
- Convert the fax line into a Fax To E-mail service, to eliminate their fax machine which is rarely used
- Utilize included smartphone mobility apps to enable the owner to make and take business calls anywhere, anytime
Based on the number of users, equipment, and contract terms, this client’s new monthly bill is about $130/month.
They reallocate the money they had been spending on the 4 land lines ($25/mo./ea., $100 total) towards the new technology, and are now spending only $30 per month more for a professionally-installed cloud phone system and LAN hardware, plus many time and money saving features.
A (Mostly) Virtual VoIP Solution for a Teleworking Team
A client needs a phone system for their agency that enables their team to telework more effectively, while remaining connected to each other and their customers. It has to be affordable, and scalable to keep pace with their company growth.
- Install POPP’s cloud-hosted VoIP phone system in a semi “virtual” – little to no hardware – installation
- Operate the system “over the top” of the existing internet connection; eliminate old system’s 10 SIP Trunks
- Instead of conventional desk phones, the team will utilize softphone apps on their smartphones and computers
- Assign included Direct Inward Dial business phone numbers for all users to be easily reached via voice or text
- Utilize POPP’s included video conferencing (powered by Zoom®) for virtual meetings
- Install two Poly IP5000 conference room phones – one in each of their two huddle rooms – for office conference calls
- Configure included Auto Attendant voicemail to greet main number callers and provide options for callers to choose from
- Convert fax line into a Fax To E-mail service, to eliminate their fax machine which is rarely used
Based on the number of users, equipment, and contract terms, this client’s new monthly bill is about $285/month.
They reallocate the money they had been spending on voice services ($150/month total) towards the new technology. This means their new communications system, full of evergreen technology for collaborating with each other no matter where they choose to work, costs them only $135/month – not even $10 per employee.
A Feature-Rich Solution for a Medium-Sized Minneapolis Office
A client needs to replace an aging phone system for their 40 employee office. Their call center supervisor wants to improve customer service by taking advantage of features like Call Recording and CRM Integration. Everyone must have work-from-home capability.
- Install POPP’s hosted IP phone system – all features are per-user, and can be added or removed anytime
- Convert the old 23-channel PRI into an Internet T-1 to handle the voice traffic of the new system.
- Set up Automatic Failover between the T1 and the existing fiber internet connection for increased reliability
- Configure and install Voice Management Device and gigabit Ethernet switches for voice quality and reliability
- 10 users are “Enhanced” – they’ll each get a Poly VVX desk phone, plus softphone apps
- 15 users are “Virtual” – they prefer soft phone apps on their smartphone and/or computer instead of a desk phone
- 15 users are “Basic” – they just need a desk phone to make and take calls
- Utilize POPP’s included teleconferencing for conference calls, and eliminate old teleconference service
- Call Recording for 5 call center agents to review their own calls and for supervisor coaching
- CRM Integration for 10 users – the call center and sales team – to screen-pop incoming callers’ Salesforce records
Based on the number of users, equipment, and contract terms, this client’s new monthly bill is about $725/month.
They get a professionally designed and installed phone system, refreshed LAN equipment, and full work-from-home functionality. All of this for no money down, and just over $18 per employee per month. The increase in revenue from the improved customer experience and the overall time savings from the productivity features easily pay for the system.
A Good Deal of Savings for a St. Paul Manufacturing Company’s Onsite PBX
A client has an existing on-premise phone system with a 23-channel PRI circuit that is currently serving their needs. However, their phone bill seems expensive, and they’d like to save some money – so long as call quality and reliability aren’t negatively affected.
- Install POPP’s locally-hosted Voice over IP (VoIP) PRI service as a modern, cost-effective solution
- Operate the VoIP PRI “over the top” of the existing fiber internet connection; eliminate old PRI circuit
- Set up Automatic Failover (AFO) of the voice service using the existing back-up cable internet connection
- Install a POPP VoIP Management Device to ensure the best possible call quality and to provide AFO switching
- Install an Adtran® router to convert the VoIP data packets into a PRI signal the phone system can use
- Port all existing Direct Inward Dial business phone numbers to POPP for complete transparency to callers
- Convert fax land line to a POPP VoIP line to save yet more money; eliminate old land line circuit
Based on the number of PRI channels and contract terms, this client’s new monthly phone bill is about $240/month.
They’d previously been spending a lot more ($300/month for the PRI circuit and voice services). Most of the employees report that the voice quality is actually better than the previous service. The new service makes their old phone system sound better than ever, has built-in failover protection, and saves them around $60/month.
You’re one contact away from free, insightful help with all of your business communications needs. You’ll be in touch with a local, experienced professional who will answer your questions and there’s never any obligation!
We’ll only use your email address to contact you for this purpose. We don’t sell your info, and we won’t send you spam email.